Saturday 3 January 2015

Hello to the world of blogging

This is my first blog so thought I would just write down my thoughts on how I see this blog developing :)

I would like to use this blog to share my knowledge and expertise with the world of swimming whether you are a complete beginner or Pro.

I will also be sharing reviews on swimming products that I think will rock your world and benefit your swimming.

So why read my blogs?

To answer this im going to tell you a little about myself.


Since the age of 9 I have been involved with competitive swimming and when I was 11 I qualified for my first National championships. I competed at a national level until the age of 17 at which point I suffered from supraspinatus which lead to me dropping out of competitive swimming.

From the age of 15 I had been helping out on poolside teaching young children how to swim and continued to do this up until 21.



After 3 years of travelling the world I came back to the UK to focus on a career and family I turned my head to volunteering at several competitive swimming clubs in my area, whilst volunteering I started to develop my own teaching systems as well as developing out of the box training sessions for the intermediate and advanced swimmer.

After I had settled in the North West I started up my own swim teaching/coaching business and for the last 3 years I have been teaching swimmers of all ages and abilities how to swim or how to reach there genetic potential! During this period I have developed my own teaching and coaching systems that are effective and work, the reason for this is that I have based everything on one simple principal

Keep
It
Simple
Stupid

There is to much out there nowadays in regards to swimming that over complicate the process of learning to swim and developing your stroke, My teaching and coaching method has simplified this process to make everything far more swimmer friendly because at the end of the day swimming is easy if it is taught in the right way!!



Anyway I don't want to go on and on during my first blog so I am going to sign off here and start work on my next blog which will be looking at how to overcome the fear of water and build your base!!

Happy Swimming
The Swim Guru

No comments:

Post a Comment